Our 97th Year!!
- Mieras Shoes maintains three retail location in the Greater Grand Rapids Area and also operates 4 state-of-the-art shoemobiles which serve the Western Michigan area.
- We offer personal, professional fitting in all of our locations as well as prescription fitting.
- We have the largest inventory of quality name-brand footwear for the entire family offering over 50 quality name brands
- We employ more than 40 employees both full & part-time
- We are the largest SAS & Carolina and one of the largest work shoe dealers in Michigan
Mieras Family Shoes has been fitting customers in Grand Rapids and surrounding areas with quality, comfortable shoes since 1922.
What began in the home of John Mieras as a small shoe repair business has evolved into a thriving retail operation. Through the great events of the past century and the most recent events of this one, the Mieras family has quietly focused on its mission - to provide customers with quality, comfortable shoes a competitive prices. "The customer coming first is what we've always practiced," says Mike Joyce, president and owner.
According to Joyce, nobody knew that better than his predecessor and father-in-law, Neil Mieras, who took charge of the store on Oct, 16th, 1929. It was the day after Neil's father, John, had a stroke and a week before the great stock market crash. He was 19 years old. Many businesses closed, but Mieras continued to serve customers by selling shoes for only 25 cents a pair.
Today the company has three retail locations and a booming mobile shoe division. Their children and grandchildren are active in the business to continue the fine Mieras tradition.